What if Your IT Actually Worked?
Imagine what that would do for your business
If your IT has you stuck, confused and frustrated, it’s time to get the right solutions in place so you can move forward.
You deserve to focus on your business while offering the best results for your customers.
We understand how frustrating it can be when IT gets in the way of great businesses becoming successful. Which is why we believe in offering the right tools and services to keep you running smoothly and serving your customers with ease and confidence.
Topnotch ICT Professionals
Read Our Latest Articles
Over the years, debate has been rife on which one is superior between open source software and commercial software.
To date, connoisseurs in software engineering and expert users have not reached a conclusion on which one is superior between the two, though there exists a number of reasons in favor of open source.
As a subject expert, I have tried to piece together the comparisons between the two to help you understand which one best suits your operations.
For newbies, lets define the two:
- Open-source software is computer software with its source code made available by the developer to everybody to study, change, modify, enhance and distribute. An example is MySQL RDBMS or WordPress CMS
- Commercial software is a Computer software whose source code is exclusively owned and by the person, team, or organization that created it. They have exclusive rights to edit, inspect, change and enhance it. A notable example is Microsoft word.
Whereas the initial difference in the definition is about ownership, several other factors have been considered when doing real and technical comparisons.
If I tell you I am going to give a fair comparison between the two, then I must be lying, because over the years that I have been studying and comparing the two, my bias has been tilted in favour of open source systems.
This is because open source systems are overseen by dedicated communities of developers who contribute modifications to continuously improve the products. The developers decide on the course of the software based on the needs of the community. Unlike commercial software developers who focus on a straight line of development “irregardless” of what other interested parties think.
Below is a tabulated comparison between the two:
|OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE||COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE|
|· Developed either by an individual, group or an organization to meet certain requirements and it is available openly for general public for any modifications based on its developing body’s interest.||· Commercial software is the computer software where only the person, team, or organization that created it can modify also they have exclusive right over the software. Anyone needs to use it has to pay for it valid and authorized license.|
|· The cost of open source software is free.||· The cost of commercial software varies from moderate to expensive.|
|· Open source provides limited technical support.||· Commercial software provides guaranteed technical support.|
|· Open source software is available under free licensing.||· Commercial software is available under high licensing cost.|
|· In open source software users need to rely on community support.||· In commercial software users get dedicated support from the vendor.|
|· In open source software installation and updates are administered by the user.||· In open source software installation and updates are administered by the software vendor.|
|· Limited hands on training and online resources are available for open source software application training.||· On site and Online trainings are available from the commercial software vendor side for software application training.|
|· Here in open source software users can customize.||· But in commercial software mainly vendor offers customization.|
|· Community response helps in fixing the bugs and malfunctions.||· The vendor is responsible for fixing the malfunctions.|
|· Source code is available to public.||· Source code is protected.|
|· The source of funds mainly depends on donations and support.||· The source of fund is through software sale / product licensing.|
|· WordPress, MySQL, Google Chrome, Firefox, OpenOffice, Zimbra, VCL media player, Thunderbird are some examples of open source software.||· Windows Operating System, MS Office, SAP, Oracle, Adobe Photoshop are some examples of commercial software.|
If you have limited budgets and you want to experience the power of technology, go Open Source. But if you have all the resources and you want to experiment technology, then go open source.
Open source is the best platform for learning, experimenting, research and real time live solutions.
There being no any other business, I dismiss this class without costs. Remember the internet is Open infrastructure since nobody can claim ownership. Use it to the maximum and use it well.
For more stuff on technology, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
#Opensource #Commercialsoftware #Webtechnologies
We are thrilled to inform you that Windows 11 will start to become available on October 5, 2021.
As Techno Savvy Associates, we have been actively sampling and testing the Beta version and we can confirm that the new OS is amazing.
On this day, the free upgrade to Windows 11 will begin rolling out to eligible Windows 10 PCs and PCs that come pre-loaded with Windows 11 will start to become available for purchase. A new Windows experience, Windows 11 is designed to bring you closer to what you love.
As the PC continues to play a more central role in our lives than ever before — Windows 11 is ready to empower your productivity and inspire your creativity.
Here are 11 highlights of this release
- The new design and sounds are modern, fresh, clean and beautiful, bringing you a sense of calm and ease.
- With Start, we’ve put you and your content at the center. Start utilizes the power of the cloud and Microsoft 365 to show you your recent files no matter what device you were viewing them on.
- Snap Layouts, Snap Groups and Desktops provide an even more powerful way to multitask and optimize your screen real estate.
- Chat from Microsoft Teams integrated into the taskbar provides a faster way to connect to the people you care about.
- Widgets, a new personalized feed powered by AI, provides a faster way to access the information you care about, and with Microsoft Edge’s world class performance, speed and productivity features you can get more done on the web.
- Windows 11 delivers the best Windows ever for gaming and unlocks the full potential of your system’s hardware with technology like DirectX12 Ultimate, DirectStorage and Auto HDR. With Xbox Game Pass for PC or Ultimate you get access to over 100 high-quality PC games to play on Windows 11 for one low monthly price. (Xbox Game Pass sold separately.)
To be the first to upgrade, get in touch with us on:
Call 0734387042 or Email: email@example.comRead More